Speak2Leads – Salesforce Integration
Speak2Leads is a highly flexible automated system. It can be integrated with any CRM system that can send a real-time HTTP GET or POST to Speak2Leads servers. To integrate Salesforce CRM, the following steps must be taken:
- You must have the Enterprise Level license. The Enterprise level comes with a feature called workflow rules which is the component that allows for posting real-time information to third parties. If you do not have the Enterprise Level license and do not want to upgrade, you also have the option of buying this feature a la carte. Please contact your Salesforce rep for more information.
- Create a Custom Field. You will need to create a custom field for your Speak2Leads unique account ID. This account ID field will be passed to Speak2Leads with every lead.
- Create a Workflow Rule. This rule will trigger an outbound SOAP XML message to our servers when certain criteria are met. For example, when a new unique lead is added to Salesforce, the workflow rule will trigger the outbound message to Speak2Leads.
Creating a custom field and setting up a workflow rule is simple. Here are step-by-step instructions. Please send these instructions to your IT team.
Adding a new custom field
- Navigate to the Lead Fields page
Setup > App Setup > Customize > Leads > Fields
You should see two sections:
1. Lead Standard Fields
2. Lead Custom Fields & Relationships
- Click New on Lead Custom Fields & Relationships
Step 1. Choose the field type
Select Data Type > Formula
Step 2. Choose the output type
Field Label: S2LAccountID
Field Name: S2LAccountID
Formula Return Type: Text
Step 3. Enter formula
<your S2L AccountId in double-quotes Eg. “GEN_NNNN”>
Step 4. Establish field-level security
Step 5. Add to page layouts
The new customized field should be displayed as:
S2LAccountID__c Formula (Text)